Life can be stressful.
There are times when we feel like a dark cloud is over us. We just can’t shake off the sadness and anxiety. We start to feel helpless. Sometimes we feel hopeless, wondering, will we ever feel better.
Signs of Depression or Anxiety
- Trouble going to sleep at night or getting out of bed in the morning
- Lack of motivation to do the things you use to do and enjoy
- Feeling overwhelmed, like there is too much to do
- Fear that you'll fail or that success is just too far away
- You don’t know if you are good enough
- Feeling out of control and you're not sure what to do
- Decision-making is increasingly difficult
- Consistent feelings of guilt
What can you do?
- Try physically working out
- Talk with a friend
- Read self-help books
- Ignore it
These are all fine strategies, but it can be most helpful to process the struggle with a professional therapist who specializes in treating depression and anxiety.
How does counseling work?
I specialize in treating depression and anxiety. We can process the sadness and anxiousness. After processing the negative thoughts, more peaceful thoughts can reside with you. I help you learn new coping skills that you can use through life.
It's vital that you feel safe to share your sadness and anxiety without fearing judgment. I am a knowledgeable, compassionate therapist and I believe compassion and understanding from me are essential for you as we seek the breakthrough that you want. Together we can make your life better.